Patient Sitter at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Job Code: 00009-92163
Nights (rotating weekends)
BAYSHORE MEDICAL CENTER PASADENA, TX
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, Bayshore Medical Center offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us. For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
Under the general supervision of the Director, Medical Surgical Unit, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, the SITTER provides a variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned patients.
* In collaboration with licensed staff, organizes patient care and general unit activities to accomplish required functions.
* Provides an appropriate environment for the provision of nursing care to individual patients by maintaining the patient room or area in an orderly manner and by assisting in maintaining the neatness of the work environment.
* Assist in the orientation of new staff as needed.
* Perform patient care activities within limits of position does NOT administer any medication or therapy; does NOT assume independent responsibility for any patient. Assists in feeding patients does NOT provide any type of interal feeding. Assist patients with activities of daily living oral care, bathing, positioning, elimination.
* Practices appropriate safety measure in assisting patients with activities of daily living.
* Applies principles of infection control in the provision of patient care activities.
* Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
* Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
* Timely and accurately reports observed changes in the patient s condition to the RN.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
* Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patient care. Works with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital and with physicians, patients, and their families.
* Has adopted and exhibits customer service behaviors. Learns and performs customer service scripts, as instructed, with patients, families, co-workers and physicians.
* Floats as a CNA when needed if working under a valid Texas CNA license.
Completion of and/or current enrollment in a CNA, EMT, nursing or related program, strongly preferred.
Current BLS certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Current CPI certification or equivalent required. Applicants without CPI certification may be considered but must obtain certification within 90 days of hire. CPI certification must be renewed annually.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.