Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor Behavioral Health at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: N RICHLAND HILLS, Texas
Job Code: 00444-98715
Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse Supervisor
Full Time (RN)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. North Hills also has Disease Specific Certification by the Joint Commission for hip, knee, shoulder and cardiac service lines and we are a designated Level IV trauma center. Our specialty services and honors include being the first hospital in the U.S. to have a Cycle 4 Chest Pain Center and the first in North Texas to attain Cycle 5 accreditation. We have Primary Stroke Center certification by the Joint Commission and also specialize in total joint replacement and cardiac care. North Hills Hospital is a part of HCA.
Utilizing the standards set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, the Geri Psych Registered Nurse will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for psychiatric patients. The plan of care will focus on individualized assessment/treatment, crisis stabilization, patient/family needs, holistic and supportive care.
* Directs and supervises licensed and unlicensed personnel in performance of their duties
* Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery and supervision of patient care
* Assesses the patients for psychosocial and educational needs
* Develops a treatment plan addressing the psychosocial and educational needs of the patient, and revises the plan as needed
* Communicates with physicians and other team members regarding progress and needs of patients
* Intervenes with patients as guided by the treatment plan or clinical judgment
* Collaborates with team members in development and implementation of milieu activities
* Educates patients in medications, illness and other health needs
* Administers and documents medications
* Evaluates and documents patient responses
* Participates in team meetings and Quality Improvement activities
* Must be able to demonstrate competence on use of SAMA and other restraint and seclusion techniques
* Performs assessment, screening, and interventions regarding pain management
* Follows through with tasks/problems and gives feedback as needed.
* Contributes to the learning of new employees, students and other personnel.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required 30 days after hire.
* Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be obtained during orientation.
* Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization, age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and chemical dependency is preferred.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.