Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: DSMC-18660
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions
Provides primary care to the hospitalized patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the inpatient units following established standards and practices. As a Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner/ is involved in the education of patients, families, physicians, and staff.
1. Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allow for consultation, collaboration and referral.
2. Provides diagnosis, treatment, consultation and follow up under supervision of the physician.
3. Maintains legible, accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnosis, procedures, treatment outcomes, education, referrals and consultations consistent with NCOA (Nation Committee of Quality Assurance), TJC, The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and state regulatory standards.
4. Assist with identification of present on Admission, (POA) conditions nad ensure physician documentation.
5. Educates patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
6. Participates and provides education for the purpose of continuous quality improvement.
7. Promotes core measure compliance
8. Provides ongoing oversight of appropriateness criteria for patient bed placement.
9. Assist with discharge assessment and planning.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
Experience in acute care and management of acute care patients preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
Current certification in CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum of five years experience in nurse practitioner role preferred.
Critical care experience preferred.
Effective leadership, teaching, research and communication skills required.
Ability to demonstrate complex clinical skills within the framework of the advanced practice nurse.
Advanced physical assessment and critical thinking skills required.
Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments required.
Ability to assess medical conditions and interpret findings required.
Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary team required.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.