Vascular Technician PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Snellville, Georgia
Job Code: 08621-11142
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER is seeking a VASCULAR TECHNICIAN for the Vascular Lab department.
* Demonstrates an understanding of cross-sectional human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology to obtain optimal studies
* Evaluates accuracy and quality of scan results
* Maintain knowledge in all facets of performing the optimal studies including pertinent clinical history and related diagnostic procedures, ultrasound physics, normal anatomy and pathological variants
* Demonstrates competency in production, use, recognition and analysis of images and waveforms used for patient diagnosis and treatment
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC CRITERIA:
* Maintains knowledge of duplex imaging and Doppler waveforms with correct Doppler angles and recognition of audible Doppler signals
* Obtains and documents a range of measurements for diagnosis and interpretation of test
* Demonstrates knowledge of collecting patient information with digital storage and interpretation of results
* Serves as a vital member of the medical support team
* Remains sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring, and patient care skills
* Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure that patient s rights are protected
* Demonstrates ability to develop and maintain good working relationships both inter- and intra-departmentally; to foster good customer relations and to observe the Eastside Medical Center s mission statement and Service Values
* Demonstrates ability to use professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing their duties
* Participates in continuing education for optimal patient care, public education and enhanced knowledge and technical competence
* Graduate of an accredited medical sonography program
* RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) or RDMS with RVT eligibility
* One (1) year post-graduate experience in Vascular Technology preferred
* BLS American Heart Association
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.