Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma Registrar at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: N RICHLAND HILLS, Texas
Job Code: 00444-102084
Medical City North Hills
Registered Nurse (RN)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Medical City North Hills a licensed for 164 beds and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. North Hills also has Disease Specific Certification by the Joint Commission for hip, knee, shoulder and cardiac service lines and we are a designated Level IV trauma center. Our specialty services and honors include being the first hospital in the U.S. to have a Cycle 4 Chest Pain Center and the first in North Texas to attain Cycle 5 accreditation. We have Primary Stroke Center certification by the Joint Commission; also specialize in total joint replacement and cardiac care. North Hills Hospital is a part of HCA.
In collaboration with the Director of Emergency Services, the Trauma Registrar will assist with the coordination and data tracking of the trauma patient s care throughout the hospital and support the stated mission, vision and values of North Hills Hospital. The Trauma Nurse Registrar RN manages components of the Trauma Registry, including data collection, data entry, and data retrieval/statistical conversion.
* The Registrar reviews trauma charts, finds issues in quality of care and creates reports to address the quality of care issues discovered.
* The RN Registrar assists with injury prevention and education events a responds to ED for Trauma patients.
* Great time management skills
* Serves as a resource to the ED nurses and reports needs concerning Trauma patients
* Opportunity to interact with community, local fire departments and EMS
* Opportunities to attend local Trauma Meetings
* Must Have s:
* Self-starter and motivated to learn
* Excellent communicator
* Able to identify quality care issues.
* Must be able to work at computer for majority of time and be Microsoft fluent
* Great team player in a very small department.
* ED or ICU background
* Education background is a plus
* Coding background is a plus
* Trauma Registry Experience
Future education and growth:
* Hospital Data Management Course
* A Trauma Coding Course
* Trauma Quality Course
* This position can train to be lead registrar or Trauma Program Manager in future.
* Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the State of Texas or Compact
* BSN preferred
* American Heart Association Healthcare provider BLS and ACLS
* TNCC and ENPC
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.