Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Hudson, Florida
Job Code: 00311-7878
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Student nurse performs unit support activities as assigned.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
* Practices endorses and provides customer service skills to patients visitors, physician and staff.
* Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
* With the RN plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
* With the RN evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
* Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
* Does not administer any medications
* Completion of Freshman curriculum and Freshman nursing skills as a nursing student in an ADN or BSN program (or comparable curriculum).
* BLS required
* Acute care experience preferred
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician s orders
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
* Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.