Youth Ministry Coordinator
First Presbyterian Church, St. Petersburg, FL
Qualified candidates, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission for youth ministry at First Presbyterian Church is to lead young people to a faith in God through Jesus Christ. Recognizing that young people are the future leaders of the church, we seek to minister to middle and high school students in such a way that we:
1. Provide support and encouragement to young people and their families.
2. Address the needs of youth and offer opportunities for involvement in church life.
3. Provide a secure and safe place for recreational and social activities and the context in which to build positive peer relationships.
4. Enable young people to embrace a loving God while building self esteem and confidence to make appropriate, positive decisions in a complex world.
5. Invite unchurched young people of the community to express faith in Jesus Christ, celebrate their gifts, enhance their family life and prepare them for a life-long walk with God.
1. Lead a weekly Sunday School class for middle and high school students.
2. In consultation with the Pastor, Youth Advisory Committee, parents and the youth, plan and carry out a weekly youth gathering and activity three Sundays a month from Sept to May. Schedule June through August activities as best meet needs and summer travel plans of youth.
3. In consultation with the Pastor and the Youth Advisory Committee:
a. plan, organize and oversee on- and off-campus events such as fund raising, mission trips, etc.
b. plan and coordinate quarterly participation of youth in worship and a monthly "Moment for Youth" updates in the Contemporary and Traditional worship services.
4. Plan and coordinate youth activities for special church events such as Eggstravaganza and Trunk-or-Treat and the annual all-church retreat at Cedarkirk Camp & Conference Center.
5. Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Youth Advisory Council meetings.
6. Adhere to and enforce FPC Child Protection Policy.
7. Maintain attendance records for all scheduled events.
8. In coordination with Youth Advisory Council, recruit, support and guide volunteers for regular participation and leadership in the youth ministry.
9. Track expenditures and stay within budget.
Required Skills and Talents:
* A goal-oriented individual with a strong faith in Jesus Christ, who has a deep heart for young people and an ability to connect with middle and high school students.
* Two years of college.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and conflict management skills.
* Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines.
* Proficiency in Word, Excel and social media such as Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook, a plus.
Compensation and Work Schedule:
* This is a part-time (+/- 20 hours per week) position that includes required, energetic presence on Sundays from at least 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Other hours are flexible depending upon the varying weekly needs of the youth ministry program.
* $16.00 per hour; paid biweekly.
* Reports to the Pastor.
Reply to email@example.com. recblid 8tw7k1hznckqvmelcedvjdp8rrm3qo