Director, Finance at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Eatontown, New Jersey
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE SubCom (SubCom), a TE Connectivity Ltd. company, is an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology and marine services, and a leading global supplier for today s undersea communications requirements. As a vertically integrated supplier, SubCom designs, manufactures, deploys, and maintains the industry s most reliable fiber optic cable systems. Its solutions include long-haul and regional systems, repeaterless networks, capacity upgrades, offshore oil and gas, and scientific research applications. SubCom brings end-to-end network knowledge and global experience to support on-time delivery and the needs of customers worldwide. To date, the company has deployed more than 100 cable systems and enough subsea communication cable to circle the Earth 15 times at the Equator. For more information visit www.SubCom.com.
TE SubCom has an opportunity for a Director - Finance, based out of Eatontown, NJ. Reporting to the VP Finance, the role will be responsible for managing the financial planning & analysis (FPA) and project accounting teams in delivery of financial planning and analytics, project accounting and business decision support to leadership and the business. The Director - Finance is expected to be a pro-active business partner for the General Manager and leadership team, driving business performance and value through execution and influencing positive change.
In the role, the incumbent will interact with multiple levels in the organization across sales, engineering, G&A, marine and manufacturing operations, and will directly support senior management in pursuing revenue and OI growth opportunities. Value-add participation in enterprise-level activities, such as sales and operational planning (S&OP) and productivity workstreams, are crucial in sound delivery of standard monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
The role will require a thorough understanding of and communicating actual and forecast group / consolidated expenditures and variances, with an in-depth knowledge and application of analytical tools in support of business decision analysis, operational analysis and capital expenditures.
Additionally, the director and team is expected to have a significant impact on financial / accounting processes and monitoring of key performance measures, including improving the accuracy and integrity of the forecast process and applying TEOA-F (lean operations) tools. A key area of focus will be the continued development of a holistic manufacturing finance capability, including systems support.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Deliver clear, actionable business decision support and analysis in support of the GM and senior leadership on a timely basis, with a strong strategic focus (20%)
* Manage finance and accounting teams in preparing and consolidating SubCom monthly and quarterly forecasts and actuals reporting, and submissions for the annual Budget and Strategic Plan (income statement and balance sheet, by group and project) (20%)
* Work as a business partner with business leads to identify, communicate and take action on potential risks & opportunities, through variance, bridges & decision support analysis (15%)
* Proactively apply TEOA-F principles in order to continuously improve Marine and Manufacturing financial and other associated SubCom processes, including financial systems projects and cost center transition (15%)
* Complete and support as required segment and corporate submissions, ad-hoc requests and presentations (10%)
* Support and refine the S&OP process, including monthly Management Business Reviews, with direct participation, financial modeling and analytical support (10%)
* Attracting, develop and retain bench talent and potential successors, with a strong focus on developing a holistic manufacturing finance capability (10%)
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA required. CFA or CPA a plus.
* 10+ yrs experience in progressive accounting and financial analytical positions, in a complex, global business.
* Direct management of finance / accounting teams in delivery of financial standard cadence deliverables, sustainable business decision support and analytics. Controller experience a plus.
* A successful track record of finance talent development, evidenced by attracting, developing and retaining bench talent and potential successors.
* Direct experience with financial system integration and project management, such as data warehouse-ERPs (e.g. Oracle or SAP), and financial consolidation tools such as Hyperion, Enterprise Budgeting etc.
* High ability to articulate recommendations in a clear and concise manner to a range of audiences, including development and delivery of sophisticated presentations across a range of formats.
* Experience with global process models in finance and broader business, and effective participation in enterprise processes such as S&OP and productivity management.
* Must take initiative, be able to influence effectively and be willing to develop and mentor others
* Must have core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork and innovation
* Position will require periodic travel to Baltimore, MD, Harrisburg, PA and Newington, NH
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Building Effective Teams
* Motivating Others
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
* SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.