Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Eatontown, New Jersey
The Operations Manager will manage manufacturing, shipping / receiving, and planning teams. They will maintain and execute policies, processes and procedures to meet the requirements of regulatory and compliance standards, safety standards, GMP policies, product requirements, customer requirements, and business requirements. Provides technical leadership and operational discipline in a regulated production environment including cleanroom protocols and GMP guidelines.
* Manages the manufacturing, shipping / receiving, and planning teams. Determines responsibilities of assigned staff and manages them to accomplish business objectives, daily schedule completion, training and professional development plans; inclusive of associate hiring, training, directing, developing, and discipline.
* Maintains and executes policies, processes and procedures to meet the requirements of regulatory and compliance standards, safety standards, GMP policies, product requirements, customer requirements, and business requirements.
* Leads or participates on project teams to identify and evaluate process improvements (safety, quality, efficiency, capacity, capability, automation, etc.). Utilizes lean manufacturing, 5S, and other process improvement methods to establish world class manufacturing and inventory management.
* Establishes, develops, and manages appropriate systems to allow for effective and efficient production operations that meet or exceed operational requirements for quality, procedural adherence, schedule adherence, work completion, lead times, budget/work standards, and optimal work flow.
* Leads investigations, troubleshoots processes, and addresses technical problems and unwanted issues. Identifies root causes and implements appropriate corrective and preventative actions. Develops plan and schedules project timelines, and communicates deliverables to stakeholders. Confers with management and related staff to implement plans and recommendations.
* Prepares or assists in preparing departmental budgets. Builds business cases, cost models and financial justifications for process improvements or other projects as appropriate.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are important as this position interacts and prepares reports for various levels of management
* Hands-on experience working with manufacturing based processes and principles
* Formal training and experience in continuous improvement methods including 6 sigma or lean manufacturing preferred
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and work as part of a team are crucial
* Detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
* High energy and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative
* Bachelor s Degree in a technical field, engineering preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Time is split working in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level, and manufacturing/warehouse area.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Acquired by Avantor in 2017 as a wholly-owned subsidiary, VWR serves as a leading global provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. The combined company is a trusted end-to-end partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million branded and manufactured products, we enable customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com or vwr.com.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .