Manufacturing Operations Technician I (PM) at First Solar Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent from an accredited high school or institution.
- Candidate must meet one (1) of the seven (7) criteria below:
Associates degree or certificate in a technical discipline plus one (1) year of manufacturing experience.
Two (2) years of machine or mechanic experience as a primary job function.
Four (4) years of work experience in a manufacturing production setting, warehouse, textile, or material inspection capacity.
Four (4) years military experience in an electrical, mechanical and/or chemical industrial application.
Certifications on all First Solar finishing or all submodule operations.
Certifications on all First Solar coater and HPVD operations.
Certifications on all First Solar component manufacturing operations in your assigned area.
- Safety First mindset.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Basic troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, or chemical systems preferred.
- Ability to deal with administrative as well as technical tasks.
- Able to perform basic preventative maintenance activities (PM’s) per job plan.
- Familiarity with vacuum systems, lasers, and glass handling preferred.
- Fundamental computer application knowledge.
- Ability to operate high-volume manufacturing equipment/process.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain forklift certification and walk behind forklift certification.
- Most recent GPS rating of Solid Contributor (SC) or better (internal applicant).
- Must not be on an active level write up at time of promotion (internal applicant).
- Adhere to all safety procedures and practice good housekeeping.
- Perform job duties in accordance to all written work instructions and procedures.
- Operate equipment used to manufacture solar modules at acceptable quality and throughput levels.
- Maintain quality control procedures and required documentation.
- Ensure proper inventory levels of materials and parts, where needed.
- Ensure that the equipment is properly maintained and troubleshoots where necessary.
- Responsible for effective communication and fostering teamwork.
- Troubleshoot day-today production, equipment, and process problems.
- Ensure all processes are running on target as defined by the Control Plan.
- Respond to SPC process control alarms, bringing processes back into control.
- Disposition non-conforming product according to established criteria (NCP).
- Ensure waste materials are discarded in their designated containers and containers properly sealed.
- Collect data relating to daily tool performance.
- In some instances, operate/setup semiconductor and/or sputter coater equipment within specifications defined in the work instructions to optimize output and minimize scrap.
- Work with engineering teams to run approved tests ensuring all parameters are set as defined in the approved test plan or in the work instructions.
- Work with the manufacturing engineering team to identity deviations and root causes of equipment malfunctions and/or process variation.
- Train Manufacturing Operator’s as needed for manufacturing processes in accordance to approved work instructions.
- Perform all PM’s as assigned on manufacturing and support equipment.
- Able to act as point of contact for floor operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No direct reports.
- No regular travel is required outside the First Solar work site.
US Physical Requirements:
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day.
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis.
- Will lift up to 51 pounds on an occasional basis, according to work instruction.
- Will lift up to 37 pounds on a frequent basis
- Will push or pull up to 27 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
- Will push or pull up to 10 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis.
- 20/40 vision in each eye (with or without correction) and the ability to distinguish between red, yellow and green is required.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, cut resistant gloves, jackets, aprons &/or arm guards, safety glasses, hearing protection).
- All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).
Production Operator Production Specialist Production Laborer Production Worker Line Operator Machine Operator Manufacturing Operator Manufacturing Associate Manufacturing Specialist
First Solar Manufacturing
Diploma - High School (Required)
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.