Senior Merchant* at The Andersons Inc
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maumee, Ohio
This position is responsible for customer account management and coordinating and executing trading activities for assigned commodities.
- Develop, implement, manage, and execute strategic sales plans for assigned commodities
- Coordinate and manage the buying and selling activities of assigned commodities
- Determine supply and demand, survey market conditions, and analyze other economic forces in order to establish position in the market
- Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity purchase/sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment
- Arrange efficient transportation of commodities
- Ensure thorough and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure to all contracts
- Maintain regular customer communication to build and grow customer relationships
What is expected of you and others at this level
- In-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses existing solutions to resolve complex issues
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience required
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons’ Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.