Floorhand - Workover Rigs at Key Energy Services Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ventura, California
We are currently seeking a Floorhand for our Rig Services location.
Job Summary: This position is a crew member of a well service rig responsible for performing services on oil and gas wells. Duties include assisting in rigging up and rigging down, pulling/laying down rods, tubing, casing and other functions specified by customer or well operator.
- Assists the operator in rigging up and down, lining up the well service rig with the well.
- Sets hydraulic jacks, handles pads/boards and assists in attaching the guy wires to the anchor.
- Responsible for all elevated work associated with rigging up/down (i.e. removing
horse head from pumping unit).
- Responsible for all work performed for the rod basket and tubing board (transferring rods and
tubing from the vertical racks to the elevator), performs servicing on the well.
- Drives the crew truck as needed.
- Operates tubing elevators for standing tubing in derrick.
- Assists in picking up or laying down tubing, manually lifting the tubing from the rack onto the
work floor or vice versa.
- Assists in walking the rods when laying down rods.
- Reports any safety hazards, accidents or maintenance issues to the rig supervisor.
- Ensures that work carried out is in compliance with company policies and procedures and
according to safety regulations.
- May be required to work floors or operate the rig when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or the equivalent is preferred.
- Basic oilfield well servicing experience, a minimum of one (1) year rig operation experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Basic problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, to provide world class value to customers.
- CDL B license is required to drive rig. Must meet all qualifications defined in the Motor Vehicle Policy if required to drive.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in English, is preferred.
We are proud to offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education assistance
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid time off