PLE - Packaging Operator at The Coca-Cola Company
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Auburndale, Florida
Job Posting End Date:April 24, 2018
Job Profile:30018483 - Production Operator III
Company:0101 Coca-Cola North America
Open for Referrals:
Position Overview:Ensure compliance with TCCC Quality Systems standards. Perform all job tasks in a safe manner to ensure achieving Quality, Service and Cost objectives. Maintain packing of all downstream equipment. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements.
Working knowledge of production environment and machinery. Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English. Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems. Must be able to understand and follow directions. Must be able to demonstrate good attendance. Ability to read equipment operations manuals. Ability to recognize material and product defects. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Manual and finger dexterity. Ability to work on all shifts. Ability to work up to twelve (12) hour shifts to satisfy business needs. Ability to work extended hours and/or overtime as required. Ability to visually identify materials defects. Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect jams, changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
Must be able to rotate positions. Must be able to participate in job development training (i.e. troubleshooting, etc.). and must be able to cross-train on all equipment. Must be able to follow standard operating procedures required by TCCC Quality System. Must be able to work in a team environment. Must be certified on the training plan for this position within six months of start date.
Function Specific Activities:
1st Shift - ORANGE
- Ensure efficient operation of chilled juice case forming, case packing and all downstream equipment
- Ensure case forming equipment is supplied with required materials, (e.g., adhesives).
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance duties as required.
- Maintain equipment and area cleanliness to ensure compliance with all GMP standards.
- Work directly with maintenance personnel, other line personnel and management to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules, and all Company rules and policies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including immediately correcting or reporting safety issues to your supervisor.
- Perform package quality checks as required.
- Troubleshoot and correct machinery or quality problems during chilled juice case packer and case former operation.
- Read and understand standard operating procedures.
- Able to participate in team assignments.
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and implement or recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Able to set up and/or changeover chilled juice case packers and case former by yourself to different packages sizes in a timely manner.
- Able to set up and change settings on case coding equipment by yourself.
- Able to explain and demonstrate job tasks to all internal and external visitors.
- Ensure that all security procedures are allowed
- Read, understand and comply MSDS sheets.
- Properly label all containers used in your work area.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed toward achieving the safety, quality, service, and cost objectives of TCCC.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety rules and all Company rules and policies.
- Perform all essential job skills (functions), procedures, work instructions and Company standards identified for this position in order to be certified for the position.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
Work is performed in high-speed bottling and production environment. Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
Personal protective equipment. MSDS sheets. Hoist, hand cart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals. Safety glasses, hearing protection.
- Train new associates
- Travel to vendor and other TCCC locations
- Delivering presentations
- Operate FAX and copy machines
- Order supplies
Education:High School or GED
Years of Experience:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to approximately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our Brands, our System, our customers, and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.