Consultant - Energy at Berkeley Research Group
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Washington, Washington DCJob Description:
Berkeley Research Group
Job ID 2018-1874
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-DCUS-TX-Houston
Posted Date 2018-05-07
Category Consulting Staff
This position can be located in Washington, DC or Houston, TX.
Berkeley Research Group provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines, including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement, and strategy consulting.
In the energy space, BRG's service offerings include business advisory and expert analysis. Business advisory services include strategic planning, commercial negotiation and price review, trading, investment evaluation, financings, mergers and acquisitions. We also provide expert analysis and testimony in energy related disputes in the context of domestic litigation and international arbitration matters, regulatory and restructuring proceedings, antitrust disputes, mergers and acquisitions, and government inquiries.
The Consultant position is a mid-level consulting staff position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of a Consultant will involve both execution and oversight of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, with responsibilities to include: management of junior staff, design of statistical and financial analysis, modeling of financial data and markets, quality control, development and presentation of client deliverables, management of existing client relationships, industry research, and expansion of business.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
- Plan and manage of all aspects of small to medium sized client engagements and discrete segments of larger projects
- Delegate assignments to staff, instruct and monitor progress, and review work product for completeness and accuracy
- Develop analyses and financial models using transactional data and/or financial data
- Generate client deliverables and make valuable contributions to expert reports
- Manage client relationships and communicate results and work product as appropriate
- Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions
- Participate in group practice meetings, contribute to business development initiatives and office functions such as staff training and recruiting
- Prioritize assignments and responsibilities in order to meet goals and deadlines
- A degree (e.g., BS, BBA, MBA, M.A., M.S., etc.) with a focus in business analytics (accounting, finance, economics, information systems) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in natural gas, LNG, and/or power generation sectors
- 4+ years of work experience with a focus on data analytics
- Proven capability with MS Excel and relational database program(s) (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, MS SQL Server, MS Access). A desire to expand those capabilities is required, as is the ability to train others to use such tools
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other consultants
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis and attention to details
- Keen interest in economic or financial analysis and research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, and/or Portuguese fluency preferred
- Desire to work within a team environment
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.