Safety Manager at Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Joplin, MissouriJob Description:
Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc.
Job ID 2018-1546
# of Openings 1
Job Field Human Resources
Targeted Job Start Date 7/16/2018
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Shift First Shift
Has the role of directing and advising the facility on the creation of an environmental and safety policy, and development of systems and programs that will support the policy of the Ajinomoto Foods North America facilities. Manages RFA projects and any building additions or changes in structure. Authority to contact subcontractors (within predetermined budgetary dollar guidelines). Work within local, state and federal regulations and dealing with all governmental agencies.
- Responsible for the management and development of the environmental health and safety programs for the Carthage & Piedmont facility, including budgeting and administration recommendations.
- Participates in management decisions that impact purchasing, process or inventory modifications by advising on the environmental and safety impacts and/or regulatory consequences.
- Responsibility to manage and evaluate performance of environmental and safety subcontractors.
- General understanding of the federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations that impact the food industry, which may include:
- Air permitting, reporting and recordkeeping
- Hazardous waste handling and reporting
- Industrial wastewater permitting and reporting
- Source reduction planning
- Asbestos abatement
- Worker health and safety planning and training
- Emergency response planning and training
- Community right-to-know disclosure and reporting
- Make recommendations and requisitions, necessary funds and resources for any building or equipment changes
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Production Departments
- Prepares and assists in OSHA required written programs such as: P.S.M., Lockout/Tagout, Hazmat, etc.
- Report all injuries, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts & horseplay
- Use proper lab safety precautions when working with chemicals and other plant safety rules and practices.
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Use personal assistance (buddy)
- Use handrails
- Use and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- B.A. Degree/Equivalent Management Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory or management role
- 5-7 years experience in safety/environmental compliance in manufacturing
- Leadership and planning skills
- Knowledgeable with state & federal regulations and ability to deal with agencies
- Should be computer literate