Financial Reporting & Analysis Manager at Altarum Institute
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Ann Arbor, MichiganJob Description:
# Positions 1
Location US-MI-Ann Arbor
Category Current Opening
Altarum Institute is seeking a highly skilled and experienced, detail-oriented accountant to support the financial reporting and analysis functions of the organization and its wholly-owned subsidiaries. The ideal candidate will be well-suited to a dynamic and fluid environment, comfortable working independently to manage workload and accomplish assigned tasks, and possess strong communication and analytical skills.
The position will be a highly collaborative role, working directly with the Institute's VP & Corporate Controller and other key executives on wide-ranging critical and strategic initiatives, with a focus on quality control, process improvements and systems enhancements, forecasting, and technical accounting implementations and related analyses.
Reports to: VP & Corporate Controller
- Substantiate financial transactions by regularly auditing documents by outsourced general ledger team.
- Maintain monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing transactional financial information.
- Assist with the maintenance of internal financial controls, including developing and/or updating procedures to enhance efficiency and internal controls.
- Assist with preparation of corporate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages.
- Budgeting and forecasting support and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Accounting and regulatory research and analysis.
- Leadership and support of special project implementations, including accounting system enhancements and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist with coordination of internal and external financial reporting projects.
- Assist with coordination of the provision of information to external auditors for annual audits.
- Assist with compliance of local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Comply (with the assistance of internal legal team) with federal, state, and local financial and legal requirements, enforce adherence to requirements, and advise management on needed actions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Licensed CPA and/or CIA.
- 8-10+ years' experience in public or corporate accounting, in roles of progressing responsibility.
- Proven leadership and management acumen.
- Familiarity with IT systems and controls.
- Payroll experience preferred.
Altarum is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, since 1946. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI our focus is solely on improving health and health care. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based solutions to its clients and funders. Altarum's nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.