IT Risk Lead - VP at State Street
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
State Street’s Global Markets (SSGM) GlobalLink is State Street’s multi-asset class network for market research, portfolio analytics, integration, execution, reporting, and settlement. Global Link has established a Business Risk Management function that is focused on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense by providing oversight of business risks, central management of control programs and risk governance, establishment of reporting, implementation of corporate programs and business solutions for risks related to information security, privacy, conflicts of interest, ethics, complaints, and fraud.
The IT Risk Lead will lead Global Link’s IT risk team and serve as a trusted advisor to the Head of Risk and senior-level business management across GlobalLink and provide strategic planning and oversight of information technology activities, coordinates issues, and provide recommendations to GlobalLink’s management team. The position will advise GlobalLink’s business, drive compliance with IT General and Application controls, and support the development of sustainable remediation plans for identified issues. The IT Risk Lead will report to GlobalLink’s Head of Risk and will work closely with the Global Link CTO, Product Heads, development managers and business managers, and other lines of defenses to complement and improve on the IT controls posture of the business.
A successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, develop a strong understanding of the business processes and technologies used in the business line.
The candidate must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be effectively work in a professional and team-oriented environment. The IT Lead will monitor the effectiveness of the information technology controls and provide reasonable assurance that risks are appropriately mitigated and managed. A fundamental principle of this position is to ensure that adequate and effective controls are in place to protect the company’s information.
The candidate must serve as a strong leader with the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to senior business line management for advice and guidance on information technology issues and continual improvement of our risk posture.
- Support information technology compliance assessment and remediation of identified business control failures in conjunction the Operational and Cyber risk teams.
- Actively participate in information technology related or impacting processes (such as SDLC, new products, business continuity, disaster recovery, data governance, privacy, EUC, SoD etc) to ensure that potential security risks associated with new and existing business processes and IT applications are identified and addressed
- Support the risk evaluation processes for third party vendors (along with InfoSec risk team) and helps to mitigate risks in accordance with State Street’s third party risk program
- Educate all levels of business line staff regarding information technology issues and control objectives
- Perform additional responsibilities as required
- BS; Master’s degree
- 10-15 years information security, IT risk/Compliance, and/or IT audit experience
- Knowledge of information technology best practices within the financial services industry,
- Strong leadership skills
- Communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- CISA, CRISC, CISM or relevant certifications a plus