Information Access Technician, Library (PT) at Ocean County College
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Toms River, New JerseyJob Description:
Ocean County College
Ocean County College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis
of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, religion,
veteran status, marital status, disability, or any
other protected classification.
Information Access Technician, Library (PT)
This part-time position contributes to the enhancement of patron library services and information access using both traditional and technological methods. This position also provides assistance at customer service points and handles routine requests and library transactions. This position also enhances information access by providing technical support and guidance to patrons needing additional help when using terminals, PCs, Macs, or the Internet in the Library.
List of Essential Activities
1. Contributes to the enhancement of patron library services and information access using both traditional and technological methods.
2. Provides assistance at customer service points in the Library; handles routine information inquiries, reference requests, virtual reference services, and library transactions; elevates more complex matters to the appropriate party.
3. Provides technical support and guidance to patrons using terminals, PCs, Macs and the Internet to access information and/or locate resources; instructs OCC or Kean students on the use of specific software tied to course assignments.
5. Follows established library policies, procedures and protocols; completes security checks when assisting with the opening or closing of the Library
6. Provides back up support to library operations in the following areas: circulation of library materials; handling reserves, holds, and overdue materials transactions; collecting and tracking overdue fines; blocking and unblocking patrons' accounts
7. Maintains communications with various Library and College departments regarding service questions, problems, emergency situations, and patron issues
1. Associate's Degree
2. One year of general office or client service experience requiring excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
3. At least two years of recent experience using Microsoft Office Suite to produce intermediate to advanced documents and reports; prior use of the Internet to locate and research information; database experience helpful, but not required
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. One year's experience in an academic library or other information setting
3. Tutoring or training experience working with computers, software, and the internet
ADA Selection Definitions
ADA Selection Definitions
If other, please specify
15 to 20 hours, with Saturday rotations
Mon - Fri
Duration of Employment
$15.60 - $17.75 depending on experience
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the highest level of education you have completed as of today:
- High School or GED/Equivalent
- Vocational/Technical School
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate (PHD/MD/JD)
- * How many years of experience do you possess in department or office operations support/client service experience handling a high volume of tasks and inquiries requiring a similar level of problem-solving and/or prioritizing skills and the ability to handle and safeguard confidential information and records
- 0 - 2 years
- 3 - 5 years
- 5 plus years
- * How many years' experience do you possess using Microsoft Office Suite, student databases with ability to prepare detailed reports, documents and deliver basic training on procedures and/or systems.
- 0 - 2 years
- 2 - 4 years
- 4 - 5 years
- 5 - 7 years
- 7 - 10 years (or more)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter