Principal RF Engineer at Nevro
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Redwood City, CaliforniaJob Description:
Job Locations US-CA-Redwood City
Job Post Information* : Posted Date 1 day ago
More information about this job:
Nevro (NYSE: NVRO) is a public multinational medical technology company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We have developed HF10™ therapy, an innovative, evidence-based neuromodulation platform.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has impacted the lives of over 28,000 patients around the world.
The Nevro® Senza® SCS System received CE mark in 2010, TGA approval in 2011, FDA approval in 2015, and is commercially available in Europe, Australia, and the United States.
Nevro is seeking a Sr. or Principal RF engineer to join the electrical engineering team in Redwood City. This position is responsible for RF and Telemetry system performance within Nevro, and will be the technical expert and leader for RF related developments.
The ideal candidate has:
At a minimum a MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of relevant experience. Medical device experience is preferred.
• Experience designing RF telemetry systems for production.
• Provides creativity while solving complex problems without known solutions.
• Works on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
• Designs, runs, and gathers data for experiments. Participates in the design of new test methods and procedures.
• Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
• Applies technical principles, theories and concepts, in addition to developing new development principles and concepts towards the solution of complex technical problems and provides solutions which are innovative and ingenious.
• Proactively identifies areas of developmental risk and communicates these to management accordingly.
• Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and directing engineering development or a number of small projects with many complex features, utilizing internal and external resources.
• Contributes to the intellectual property base of the Company via active communication of new concepts to management.
• Works in accordance with quality system procedures and actively enforces its objectives.
• Requires the ability to travel occasionally throughout the United States and internationally.
Skills and Knowledge
• Implanted and/or body-worn antenna design
• Link budgets, propagation and fading models
• Experience with RF simulation tools desired (Ansys HFSS preferred)
• Specification, evaluation, and measurement of RF materials
• Design for manufacturing experience
• PCB design for RF signals and matching networks
• Design and fabrication of RF measurement fixtures
• Benchtop and Anechoic chamber RF measurements
Nevro offers equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital or family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental condition, protected veteran status, disability, age or other characteristics protected by laws.
Nevro offers equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital or family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental condition, disability, age or other characteristics protected by laws.