Administrative Assistant III at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Provides administrative support to the medical, administrative, managerial and supervisory levels within the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine including composing and typing routine correspondence and/or reports, completing administrative projects such as creating and updating databases, coordinating travel arrangements records and transcribes assigned committee meeting minutes, provides assistance in preparing various materials for meetings, conferences, maintaining department filing system, and performing accounts payable/receivables activities, handling and coordinating other duties as assigned.
- Composing/typing routine correspondence (including committee minutes, department meeting minutes, various communications) and reports including mailing, faxing, scanning and distributing.
- Utilizes PC software, office equipment, inter-office mail, department files, organizational and administrative skills.
- Prepares purchase order requests, check requests, expense reimbursements, and invoice processing.
- Prepares and facilitates travel arrangements as needed for the department physicians.
- Prepares, compiles and enters data, perform data searches and extraction from computer software programs to produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Maintains department records, manuals, policies and procedures, archiving, filing and working with confidential information and records.
- Maintains the department conference room and schedules as needed.
- Creates and facilitates maintenance/housekeeping requests.
- High school diploma required; Associates' degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in high level of administrative support in a healthcare environment or equivalent
- Ability to produce high volume of work is expected for the position with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to judge and prioritize difficulty of problems/project
- Demonstrate interest and enthusiasm for responsibilities, maintain professionalism and communicate effectively
- Minimum typing 60 WPM
- Medical terminology required
- PC/CRT skills, software, office equipment required