Shop Supervisor at Advanced Disposal Services
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
Maintains the safety and productivity of the division vehicles and/or containers by supervising and coordinating the activities of the shop personnel. The Maintenance Supervisor is the first-line supervisor responsible for directing the workflow within the maintenance or container shop.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Performs supervisory function participating in hiring, training, scheduling and performance management decisions.
* Reviews work orders, assigns tasks to employees and verifies the quality of work performed.
* Coaches mechanics on techniques and procedures as appropriate.
* Ensures maximum productivity and safety from each mechanic through balanced work assignments.
* Maintains records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed and assures proper data entry into the Computer.
* Schedules work to be performed based on routine preventive maintenance inspections.
* Procures parts necessary to complete repairs within assigned limits. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Manager.
* Conducts employee observations, truck and tool inspections. Completes reports and discusses finding with employees.
* Maintains a safe and productive work environment.
* May occasionally road test vehicles to determine repairs needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other related state and federal regulations.
* Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, with customers and external vendors.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
* Strong written and oral communications skills.
* Strong motivational, coaching and teaching skills.
Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree. Degree from a technical school preferred.
Years of Experience: Three years of vehicle/hydraulic maintenance or welding experience demonstrating progressive levels of skill attained is required. Two years supervisory experience
Certifications: Valid commercial drivers license preferred. Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used. A Mechanic school certification and/or ASE certification is preferred.
UMACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
* Usual office equipment including telephone, fax, copier, calculator and computer.
* Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, Lotus Notes
* Company information system applications (RTA)
* Vehicle diagnostic equipment.
* Tools and equipment used in shop including but not limited to floor sweeper, fork lift, hydraulic hose, air powered tools, hand tools.
* Two way radio.
* Mechanics are exposed to the following conditions:
* Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills.
* Cramped conditions under trucks and in truck compartments.
* Petroleum products and solvents.
* Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems.
* Vibration from powered hand tools.
* Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
* May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks.
* Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and trucks.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed.
* Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
* Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
* Ability to climb ladders, bend, or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.