I&E Technician at Air Liquide USA
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: GEISMAR, Louisiana
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
* Safe operation and maintenance of all I&E systems, according to Air Liquide Large Industries policies and procedures.
* Support and comply with all safety, health, and environmental procedures.
* Support and comply with all process safety management practices and operate within the established quality systems, reporting any deficiency
* Make suggestions to improve plant safety, efficiency and quality.
* Troubleshoot and correct plant instrument, electrical and control system problems.
* Execute work orders, identify corrective maintenance activities & enter work orders and PM's into the Maximo CMMS.
* Owner and responsible for the on-time completion of all I&E PMs and PdMs.
* Owner for the execution & improvement of the facility's I&E PMs.
* Maintain test equipment calibration & associated records.
* Perform analyzer calibrations as required.
* Owner of all I&E equipment records in both the CMMS & written form.
* Direct and work closely with contractors, monitor and direct contractor work quality.
* Rack in/out breakers & switchgear as necessary.
* Owner of facility I&E documentation (P&IDs, loop sheets, spec sheets, etc.) and acts as the lead for approved changes
* Perform routine inspections on equipment as per Maintenance Center standards.
* Actively participate in Root Cause Analyses.
* Assist the Plant Maintenance Coordinator in maintaining equipment manuals
* Be familiar with Maintenance Center & Corporate standards
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, 2 year technical degree preferred
* Minimum 4 years I&E experience, plant environment preferred
* Knowledge of the use of a computerized maintenance management system
* Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize work
* Ability to maintain, repair, and calibrate analyzers, transmitters, control valves, etc.
* Basic understanding of the facility's control system, with ability to develop detailed understanding
* Thorough knowledge of the operation and safety aspects of the MCC/switchgear
* Basic understanding of the facility's process, with ability to develop detailed understanding
* Strong verbal & written communication skills
* Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs
* Ability to work extended hours and shift work as business needs dictate
* Ability to climb and ascend ladders and stairs as required
* Ability to enter and work in confined space
* Ability to use cartridge respirator as needed