Materials Coordinator at Clariant Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2016 the company employed a total workforce of 17 442. In the financial year 2016, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 5.847 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation through R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
The Maintenance Materials Coordinator is responsible for managing the flow of materials and supplies in order to most effectively support the parts delivery and receipt process. He or She is responsible for minimizing costs by making sure the flow of materials is uninterrupted through utilizing procurement concepts and lean techniques. Under general supervision, the materials coordinator will plan, organize and coordinate the procurement, receipt, distribution and payment of for the maintenance dept.; variety of records, logs and reports; and perform related duties as assigned.
* Maintain the flow of both stock and non-stock parts and equipment.
* Ensure the availability of parts and materials to support maintenance execution.
* Ensure proper receipt and inspection of parts and materials
* Establish process/training for leftover materials to be returned to the regular shop inventory after work is complete
* Develop and maintain store records to reflect proper inventory control and transfer
* Provide feedback to maintenance regarding actual material and cost expenditures
* Track working capital monthly to most effectively manage spare parts inventory
* Sourcing and purchasing parts in collaboration with purchasing and reliability engineer(s)
* Collaboration with reliability engineer on “bad actors” with regard to frequency of same parts issued.
* Track expedited emergency spare parts and equipment-work closely with maintenance
* Order and Maintain material stock, working closely with vendors
* Responsible for working with procurement to place orders for materials and track shipments
* Schedule material delivery times, dates and locations, receive and sign for material and equipment supplies and verified services. Inspect material and services to determine if specifications have been met
* Put parts and equipment in the proper place (inventory managed in SAP)
* Ensure proper upkeep of pumps and motors
* Confer with vendors and requestors regarding delayed shipment and defective, damaged, or unacceptable foods and services; arrange for return or other corrective actions as appropriate
* All inventory records to be reviewed on a daily basis
* Keep track of all new orders that require both stock and non-stock items
* Ensure cycle counts are completed annually for all parts and equipment
* Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences and training sessions to ensure continuous improvement of the parts receipt and delivery process and adhere to current best practices.
* High School Diploma or GED (some college is a plus)
* Skill in SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
* Lean sigma belt or higher
* 3-5 years’ experience in the manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of the procurement process
* Understand the part management system in SAP and can deliver training
* Efficient in record keeping and report preparation
* Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
* Good negotiation skills