Data Center Network Engineer at Clarivate Analytics US LLC
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, California
CLARIVATE ANALYTICS CLIENTS ARE THE TRAILBLAZERS AND RISK TAKERS WHO COME UP WITH LIFE-CHANGING IDEAS. WE RE LOOKING FOR OUR OWN TRAILBLAZERS TO HELP US KEEP PROVIDING CLIENTS SOME OF THE WORLD S MOST TRUSTED BRANDS, SPANNING SCIENTIFIC AND ACADEMIC RESEARCH, PATENT ANALYTICS, PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECH INTELLIGENCE AND IP MANAGEMENT.
WE RE AN INDEPENDENT OWNED COMPANY WITH A RICH HERITAGE AND A BOLD ENTREPRENEURIAL MISSION. IF YOU RE EXCITED BY THE THOUGHT OF HELPING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS GO FROM NEW IDEAS TO LIFE-CHANGING INNOVATIONS FASTER, WE RE EXCITED TO CONSIDER YOU FOR A POSITION AT CLARIVATE.
Support the day-to-day hands-on Installing, configuring, and supporting all hardware/software components of the networking environment, including Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, A10 load balancers and VPN concentrators
* Perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure
* Configure Virtual LAN s and Trunking (VLAN s); Network Security (ACL s, IPSec Tunnels)
* Troublelshooting and problem resolution with ISP s and circuit providers
* Process daily network ticket request thru resolution
* Work with 3rd party managed services provider (RackSpace) to configure network components for the International Full Search product in EMEA
* Identify network problems and resolve in accordance incident and problem management policies
* Must be able to use tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump to capture and analyze traffic for end to end problem determination and security review
* Work with global network engineering team with the ablity to implement the network architect s design
* Participate in on-call 24x7 support
* 5 years Hands-on experience with Cisco administration and engineering
* Minimum 5 years IT networking and systems experience with responsibility for installing network infrastructure devices including firewalls, routers, and switches and network management software
* Minimum 5 years Telco relationship management and troubleshooting
* Excellent analytical/problem solving and time management skills, including the ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
* Documentation skills including the development of designs, standard operating procedures, problem analysis reports
* Experience with managing Cisco IOS routers and switches such as ASR 1001, 6500, 4500, 5000, 9000 series
* Experience with troubleshooting WAN technologies such as MPLS, and Internet connections
* Strong knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco); understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP) to include experience troubleshooting issues with these protocols
* Experience with the analysis and troubleshooting of IP networks using tools like tcpdump, or other software tools such as network protocol analyzers (Wireshark)
* Strong knowledge of IDS/IPS, implementation monitoring, troubleshooting
* Working in 24/7 high availability environments
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.