Rehab Patient Access Specialist at Cook Children's Health Care System
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
The Rehab Patient Access Specialist is primarily responsible for the registration of patients, obtaining patient demographics and collecting third party information with a high degree of accuracy. The Rehab Patient Access Specialist will assist in providing access to services at the hospital and Rehab clinics by scheduling and performing admission and dismissal processes. The Rehab Patient Access Specialist is also responsible for the verification of health plan coverage eligibility, collection of payments and accurate reimbursements. This position requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to communicate effectively over the phone and the capacity to support the therapists and clinic manager. Additionally, knowledge of HMOs, PPOs, Commercial Payers, HSAs, Cobra, Medicaid, STAR plans, CSHCN, CHIP and hospital financial assistance programs is essential.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in a hospital/physician office or in a professional work environment is required
* Knowledge of health care insurance and managed care is required
* Ability to type, spell, write and print legibly as well as general knowledge of personal computers is required
* Bilingual strongly preferred but not required
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet