Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: MAYSVILLE, Oklahoma
Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform meter performance verifications using portable and/or stationary provers
- Perform density verifications using a Pycnometer and/or Hydrometer
- Perform calibrations, inspections and maintenance of all instrumentation related to quality and quantity determination.
- Witness meter performance verifications as performed by third party contractors, as needed
- Maintain and operate custody transfer measurement facilities in compliance with applicable specifications, codes, safety standards and operating procedures.
- Maintain, operate, troubleshoot and repair measurement equipment, including; Meters, stationary & portable provers, samplers, flow computers and other peripheral measurement-related devices
- Understand; system balance processes, ticket writing, statistical meter factor tracking, and verification and calibration of measurement equipment.
- Assist with all facility construction and modifications, understanding the impacts as they relate to the measurement equipment
- Assist with Internal and external measurement audits
- Collect product quality samples for Crude and NGL liquids, in compliance with company safety and industry guidelines.
- Must meet the requirements of the Company's Operator Qualification program to perform identified covered tasks and remain compliant.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable EPA, DOT, RRC, OSHA, NEC, AGA, API and GPA requirements and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interface with customer base.
Required Education or Minimum Level:
- High school diploma or general equivalency.
- Must possess excellent math skills
- Some college or technical trade school preferred.
- 5+ year's industry related liquid measurement experience preferred, Crude and/or NGL.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in measurement (volumetric, meter based measurement systems, turbine meters, coriolis meters, ultra-sonic meters, positive displacement meters, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years' experience with meter provers, (conventional ball provers, small volume ballistic provers)
- Minimum 5 years' experience with flow computers, (OMNI, ROC, Spirit)
- PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
- Exposure to hazardous conditions, adverse weather, cramped conditions.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Walk, stand, kneel/stoop and drive for extended periods.
- Subject to 24 hour call out 7 days per week with possible extended workdays.
- Must have a proven safe driving record
- Must have or be able to obtain a CDL license with hazmat endorsements
- Driving hrs/day (not to exceed DOT regulations)
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment with ability to make decisions and take corrective actions when problems are detected
- Ability to maintain and promote good working relationships within a team environment
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications