Dietary Aide at Oakland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oakland, Maryland
Oakland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
706 E Alder Street
Oakland, MD 21550
About the Position:
Do you love working in the kitchen? Do you find joy in preparing and serving fresh meals to others? Would knowing that the hard work you do, day in and day out, truly makes a difference in the lives of others? The Dietary Aide position truly touches lives every single day - our patients and long term residents look forward to their meal times and count on our staff to make it an enjoyable experience - be part of a team that makes a difference every day.
The Dietary Aide assists in the preparation and/ or service of meals/ food for patients, employees, and special events as instructed by the Dietary Manager. They serve food and snacks according to the planned menu/spreadsheet and the patient's/resident's food preferences and diet order. The Dietary Aide also assists the Dietary Cook by ensuring the food prepared/and or pre-portioned using proper food handling/ safety techniques and is of proper quantity, completed on time as scheduled, and is in accordance with the menu & residents' diet order. They may also wash dishes, etc. when necessary or when instructed to do so by the Dietary Manager. In addition to these core responsibilities, the Dietary Aide may perform other duties as assigned by the Dietary Manager when necessary.
* Must possess, as a minimum, high school education
* Experience in food prep and service preferred.
* Experiences in food prep and service within a skilled nursing or long term care facility strongly preferred
* Food handler's permit required
* Superior customer service skills required
* Must be able to speak, understand, and write in fluent English
Our full time team members are valued and offered a robust and comprehensive benefit package which includes:
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance/ Flexible Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance Coverage
* Short and Long-Term Disability Options
* Tuition Reimbursement & Nursing Loan Repayment Programs
* 401 (k) Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* DailyPay option available! - Get your pay, when you need it.
* MetLife Auto and Home Insurance - employee discount available
* Helping Friends Foundation
* Employee Assistance Plan
* Ticket Monster Perks - entertainment ticket discounts
* Purchasing Power - online purchase/payroll deduction
* In-facility education programs and more!
*Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/H/V. Drug-free/Smoke-free work environment.