Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Job ID: 18006534
Company Name: TIAA Bank
**This internship is open to current college students located in the Jacksonville region who are able to work year-round including part-time during the semester**
internship positions are for savvy, adaptable students interested in learning more about the Finance and Banking industry. We re looking for students who want an opportunity to interact with all levels of management, rotate through business units and work on meaningful projects. Our interns learn how to enhance their communication and presentation skills, build consensus among different teams with competing priorities and how to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
* Partner with your mentor on strategic and tactical projects and initiatives.
* Manage your projects, schedule and workload effectively.
* Meet or exceed deliverables, deadlines and other assigned duties.
* Develop your technical expertise and business knowledge by seizing every opportunity to learn.
* Creating spreadsheets for the analysis of vendor quotes and pricing options Excel experience required
* Participating in vendor RFPs, vendor negotiations and follow-up request with vendors
* Assist in the data collection needed for the drafting of vendor RFPs and vendor contracts
* Participate and assist in the ongoing management of vendors and their performance
* Assist with vendor onboarding.
* Assist with the collection of vendor documents, including scorecards and meeting minutes.
* Assist with due diligence and contract review requests.
* Assists in other departmental services as deemed necessary by management.
Minimum Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Considerable knowledge and experience in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
* Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
* Ability to interact well with various levels of personnel.
* Attention to detail.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements):
* Must be currently enrolled in collegiate coursework at an accredited university.
* Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related business field preferred.
* Must have advanced Excel skills including experience running macros and utilizing a variety of formulas.
* Must have GPA of 3.1 or above.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements):
* Candidates with prior relevant internship experience are strongly preferred.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
The future of banking just got a lot brighter for individuals, businesses and institutions across the country, as EverBank is now a proud part of the TIAA family. In addition to jobs at EverBank, search our careers at TIAA too: http://careers.tiaa.org/.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.
FL - Jacksonville