Records Assistant at FlightSafety Services Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: DFW Airport, Texas
Location: Dallas LC (0054) DFW Airport , Texas 75261 , United States (US)
Temporary - Records Assistant
The Records Assistant is responsible for processing and auditing client training records and ensuring that all appropriate regulatory documentation is accurately completed.
* Process pilot training records for US and foreign licensed pilots
* Audit pilot training records for US and foreign licensed pilots.
* Provide regulatory support to training department by demonstrating familiarity with appropriate Federal Aviation Administration regulations and European Aviation Safety Agency regulations.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for regulatory issues regarding US, Canadian, UK, EASA and other governing aviation authorities.
* Assist Assistant Director of Training as required.
Teamwork - Internal & External Activities:
* Lead, manage, direct and coordinate the planning, production, and activities of FSI's informational systems' groups, consisting of Business Systems and Network departments.
* Ensure continued smooth integration of activites between Business Systems and Network departments.
* Seek and coordinate opportunities for the departments (BusSys and Network) while interfacing with Corporate Marketing and Business Development efforts, as needed.
Documentation and Reports Activities:
* Analyze status of all current projects/plans and keep Executive Vice President apprised of any problem areas or issues; reporting process could be verbal and/or written.
* Directly prepare, or direct the preparation of, on a regular, or \\"as needed\\" basis, status reports of current projects, proposed projects, suggested ideas and feedback, general issues, and any other information needed by the CFO or other senior FlightSafety International management.
* Annually direct and prepare a departmental (BusSys and Network) Business Plan to include: Goals and Objectives, Situation Analysis, Human Resource Plan, Capital Investment Plan (if needed), Marketing Plan (if needed), Operating Budget, and Research Plans
* Maintain FlightSafety International's commitment to customer satisfaction while performing job duties.
* Create a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
* Accountable for the security of FlightSafety International materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety International products.
* Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
* Adhere to required work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
* Report, on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building to appropriate person(s) for correction.
* Participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) activities at assigned site and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing the site's QMS goals.
* Support FlightSafety International's, and its subsidiaries', commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful and ethical conduct as we deal with co-workers, customers, vendors and others in all of our operations. (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: (Minimum Requirements):
High School Diploma
Aviation experience (Commercial or General Aviation)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to interact with various levels of management in a professional manner
* Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations
* Full understanding of general accounting and finance best practices
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.