Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: ARDEN HILLS, Minnesota
Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
About this role:
The Animal Care Technician II is responsible for the maintenance of research animal health and/or assisting with surgical procedures under the direction of the attending DVM. This person will support research activities and studies in the lab.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Follow all Boston Scientific safety and security policies during shifts by maintaining a working knowledge of applicable regulations and complying with all applicable SOPs, regulations and other internal requirements.
* Ensure that all appropriate regulations, procedures and data collection protocols are being followed throughout the course of a study and delay studies, if necessary, until manager and/or study director can be notified.
* Clean and maintain assigned areas of lab by assisting with kennel and animal care as needed and communicating any animal health status issues to attending DVM and study director/sponsor.
* Accurately maintain and backup all necessary records to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including animal treatment records, data forms, and drug logs, by carefully recording data, problems noted, resources consulted and action taken.
* Coordinate inventory management with other lab staff by pursuing information on new/updated supplies and equipment with appropriate vendors and consulting with manager on any new supply/equipment issues.
* Induce and maintain anesthesia, monitor physiologic status and take appropriate action for animals on acute or chronic studies.
* Assist research or other outside groups with ongoing studies as necessary, including anesthesia, data collection, animal monitoring, instrumentation, surgery, necropsies, and euthanasia.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of all equipment, support instruments, test equipment, Boston Scientific products, and routine and advanced veterinary techniques by consulting appropriate journals and attending appropriate training.
* May perform acute and survival surgical procedures per protocol, and all clinical laboratory and radiographic procedures, under the direction of the attending DVM.
* Maintain animal health throughout the study through consultation with DVM on diagnosis and treatment, administering prescribed therapy and monitoring response to treatment. May include providing basic animal care and first or second scrub duties on sterile procedures as needed.
* Perform pre-purchase physical and vaccination history examination and communicate the suitability of each shipment of animals to DVM and animal vendor.
* May assist with/conduct necropsies under the direction of the attending DVM/pathologist, by properly labeling and documenting specimens, photographing gross pathology, coordinating histopathologic exams, and logging histopathologic reports immediately upon completion of necropsy.
* May assist in pathology assessments by preparing, sending and receiving specimens to/from contract labs according to GLP guidelines.
* May assist in compiling SOPs/DOPs related to pathology services and responding and implementing responses to audit observations.
* May also require a license or certification in the area of expertise
What we re looking for in you:
* Graduate of Veterinary Technology program
* Certification optional
* Research experience (2-4 years) in:
* Critical care
* Canine, swine, ovine, rodent work
* Colony care
* Ability to work independently
* Able to work weekends and holidays
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 430579
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Pathology, Physiology, Medical, Technician, Medical Technologist, Healthcare, Technology