Systems Engineer - Integrated Systems (Contract) at Insitu
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hood River, Oregon
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do. Job Description
Contributes to the development of systems concepts of operations. Performs subsystem requirements definition, synthesis, analysis and allocation. Conducts requirements decomposition, develops functional/physical block diagrams and defines subsystem interface requirements. Analyzes vertical/horizontal requirements traceability. Defines subsystem verification methodology and develops quality assurance provisions. Analyzes use cases and defines information exchanges, physical architecture, and interfaces. Evaluates customer requirements, constraints, and operational expectations and develops product design recommendations. Performs trade studies and evaluates alternatives. Identifies and provides input to technical risk and opportunity analysis. Develops design hierarchy and integrates specialty engineering provisions. Performs systems modeling. Drafts test plans and procedures. Identifies instrumentation and data acquisition requirements and makes recommendations. Executes tests and contributes to test reporting. Analyzes and develops verification results. Assists or performs engineering analysis to include affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human factors/human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility and system security. Assists with system design reviews.
* Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
* Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
* Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Optical or Aero or applicable engineering background and education discipline.
* Help team with systems conceptual design and implementation
* Design, conduct and document research/validation based testing for proof of concepts
* Create statements of work and formulate requirements for hardware and software partners
* Document technical requirements and create roadmaps
* Author/Co-Author technical papers and trade studies
* Being a critical thinker who approaches problems methodically and creatively
* Team player and solid contributor
* Exceptional oral/written communication skills for addressing both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated analytical skills with good problem solving capabilities
* Ability to consistently meet timelines and commitments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* This job is limited to employees who, in the performance of their assigned work, regularly apply engineering disciplines to the research, design, development, test, and evaluation of company products, facilities, or manufacturing process and have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree of Science from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. Typical experience: 2-4 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor's degree or 0-2 years experience in an engineering classification with a Master's degree.
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans..