Insurance Sales Agent, Retail (1151) at National General Insurance Company
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: High Point, North Carolina
This role is responsible for the profitable growth and the attainment of business goals by marketing and servicing National General products including Auto, Life, Auto Club, and Roadside Assistance to new and existing customers. Individuals in this role will assist walk-in customers, support office operations and market our products outside of the office via marketing calls and visits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Meet and exceed sale's goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers
* Implement marketing programs and initiatives which further the Direct General brand in the local market (car dealerships, local events, etc.)
* Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local business
* Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all Direct General's products and services
* Responsible for monitoring key competitors in the local market area and making suggestions on initiatives that could improve Direct General's position in the marketplace
* Receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
* Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures
* Responsible for sales administration and reporting activities
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Active Property/Casualty, Life and Health Insurance licensure
* 1+ years of successful business-to-consumer sales experience
* Strong demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with internal and external clients at varying levels within the organization
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
* Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
* Valid U.S. State-issued driver s license
* Strong computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office applications
* Bachelor Degree
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of insurance laws, regulations and processes, ability to analyze and interpret insurance policies and insurance coverage and/or experience in working in a compliance and regulatory environment
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000. -
Apply Not ready to Apply*