Radiation Safety Officer-17241 at HII-TSD Camber Corporation
Posted in Military/Defense 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Abingdon, Virginia
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solutions Division, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-TSD, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) is currently seeking a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for the Non-Intrusive Inspection System (NIIS) Contractor Logistics support (CLS) Task Order. The position work location is flexible but reports to the HII office in Abingdon, MD and oversee all radiation Safety associated with the NNIS’ operating in the US Central Command (USCENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR).
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
The NIIS RSO is a subject matter expert (SME) and responsible for the program oversight of Radiation Safety and Radiation Safety training for CLS personnel as well as military, civilian, and third party contractors operating or maintaining the NIIS equipment.
Overseeing and managing the Radiation Safety program for the NIIS CLS Task Order
Providing radiation safety training as required for NIIS Field Service Representatives (FSRs) and Logisticians CONUS and OCONUS
Manage acquisition, transportation, handling, storage, and disposal of radiation source material associated with the NIIS CLS mission
Develop radiation safety training materials for delivery to military, civilians, and contractors CONUS and OCONUS
International travel is required to deliver training and refresher training to NIIS CLS personnel in the USCENTCOM AOR.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Radiation Safety certification training, e.g., Transportation of Radioactive Material, US Army Defense Ammunition Center (AMMO-86); Technical Transportation of Hazardous Materials, US Army Defense Ammunition Center (AMMO-62); IATA Shipping Class 7 HazMat by Air Course; ICS-100,200,700,800 Emergency Management Institute/FEMA; Radiation Packaging and Shipping Course, ANL/DOT; Radioisotope User’s Course; Radiological Hazards Operations Training and Field Exercise; Radiological Emergency Team Operations Course; HAZWOPER; MEIR Medical Effects of Ionizing Radiation; Decontamination/ Decommissioning Course; X-ray Survey Specialists Course
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), three (3) of which is directly related to x-ray or NIIS Force Protection systems and equipment.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience serving as (RSO), providing oversight and Radiation Safety training at multiple CONUS and/or OCONUS locations
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen, possess a Secret Security Clearance, possess or able to obtain a U.S. Passport and U.S. and International Drivers License’s.
Must be able to walk, stoop, bend, climb, and lift 50 pounds.
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), three (3) of which is directly related to x-ray or NIIS Force Protection systems and equipment.
- Three (5) years’ experience serving as (RSO), providing oversight and Radiation Safety training at multiple CONUS and/or OCONUS locations
U.S. Military service veteran or experience working with the U.S. military and interfacing directly with uniformed military personnel, understanding military protocol and Chain of Command.
An active Security Clearance at the SECRET level or higher is required
All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
See Job Description