Administrative Assistant - Publications and Reporting – Los Alamos NM at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico
Tetra Tech, Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant - Publications and Reporting. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for editing, compositing, obtaining signatures, and transmitting publications required by the Consent Order
- Support technical staff with the preparation, reproduction, and submittal of project reports and other deliverables
- Support the Project and Contracts Managers with the preparation of and review of invoices
- Performs a variety of activities in support of functional areas such as finance, purchasing, or human resources or for a specific project/business/technical unit
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data
- Uses software for functional area, to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations
- May design processes to enhance workflow
- Provides data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position's duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable
- The career level of the position will be determined by the years of relevant experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities; after a candidate has been chosen
- Ability to perform duties and tasks that are varied and complex
- Ability to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of problems and issues
- Level of language skills, mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job
- Advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database management experience
- Ability to complete routine tasks with little direction and work under general supervision for guidance on complex tasks
- Ability to identify and complete tasks according to priority
- Ability to work in a team oriented project environment
- Familiarity with the LANL site and work environment preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Sedentary Work):
Sedentary Work Category - The employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to touch or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
In this position the qualified candidate may support one of more of the following departments, Groundwater Monitoring, Surface Water Monitoring, Drilling, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and/or Remediation Services.
The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies. This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen as well,
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com . Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.