Aggregate Plant Operator/Ground Person-East Kingston, NY at Callanan Industries Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kingston, New York
Job ID: 140000
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
Job Description Summary
Candidates will report directly to the site superintendent communicating production requirements and maintenance needs.
- Seasonal position with overtime required during the peak season
- Work in a safe and professional manner
- Report any accident or incident to supervisor
- Perform daily post inspections and Risk assessment forms
- Wear proper PPE at all times ( Personal Protective Equipment )
- Work long hours and weekends
- Cover vacations in different task when needed
- Available to work day or night shift
- Operate plant according to production schedule using appropriate materials
- Performs a wide range of laboring duties within an Aggregate Plant
- Assist in plant maintenance and in compiling reports regarding plant production and maintenance
- Properly follow all company policies along with OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in mechanical maintenance
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate a willingness to work and communicate well with supervisor’s, truck drivers and other employees
- Experience in welding/fabricating
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain MSHA, OSHA and all other company policies or Government state rules and regulation’s
- Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner
- General knowledge in Loader operation
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition
- Have the ability to follow through with efficiency on verbal and written instructions
- Maintain excellent attendance, and maintain a can-do, positive attitude
- Physical exam, drug screen and background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Regular and predictible attendance at assigned times is required
- Valid Drivers License
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Prior experience in the aggregate field
- Ideal candidate will have some familiarly with mobile equipment
- Prior experience is preferred, but training will be provided as needed
- High school graduate or equivalent
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive union medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.