Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
The Microsoft SQL Server DBA will be responsible for providing high-level technical resolution for incidents received from phone calls, emails or automated ticketing system to one or more clients. Respond to client support calls, e-mail, instant messages and assigned tickets from customers, assigned work orders / incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure. This position will respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Provide remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOP's.
* Provide troubleshooting assistance, and provide regular updates to customers as well as updating the tickets.
* Develop SOPs to shift work to Command Center and provide documentation for standard procedures.
* Coordinates critical customer issues as well as new product and/or system implementations.
* Prepares, approves and coordinates the implementation of technical documentation and ensures that technical and customer documentation is current and complete.
* Initiates process improvements for internal and external customers.
* Identifies and performs a variety of independent analysis and problem resolution assignments.
* Defines approaches and provides extensive business and/or technical expertise to attain objectives.
* Suggests, develops and conducts training sessions for other analysts and for clients.
* Interactions with clients may be in person or telephone.
* Prepare (and approve) technical and procedural documentation ensuring all documentation is clear, accurate and complete.
* Initiate process improvements for internal and external customers.
* Identify and perform a variety of independent analysis and problem resolution assignments.
* Define approaches and provide extensive business and/or technical expertise to attain objectives.
* Suggest, develop and conduct training sessions for other analysts and for clients. Interactions with clients may be in person or telephone.
* Lead and/or participate in project activities.
Qualifications * BA/BS degree highly desired
* Should have a minimum of 3+ yrs. of relevant experience in Oracle Support for mission critical Environments
* Experience with MSSQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 - required
* Experience with Oracle DB 11g/12c - required
* Oracle or SQL Server Certifications are highly desired
* Management and Database Security Administration experience.
* Prior experience working on Oracle and MSSQL and would have managed them independently.
* Ability to understand Customer issues very quickly after gather information
* Strong Knowledge on Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
* Working experience on Oracle SQL Server Administration and Monitoring.
* Excellent Knowledge and real time experience on Database Monitoring.
* Troubleshooting Oracle, & MSSQL Database issues.
* Perform activities related to install, configure and managing Oracle, MSSQL Databases.
* Perform Database performance tuning and capacity planning.
* Setting up and testing new Databases.
* Monitoring DB performance and efficiency.
* Writing Database documentation, including Data Standards, procedures and definitions.
* Controlling Database Access permissions and privileges.
* Developing, Managing and testing Database backup and recovery plan.
* Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* US Citizenship required
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.