Ready Mix Truck Driver (Local Deliveries Only) at Callanan Industries Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kingston, New York
Job ID: 140068
Clemente Latham Concrete is a division of Callanan Industries, Inc. Callanan Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH in 1985.
Job Description Summary
Ready Mix Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to various customer and job site locations.
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials
- Aligns mixer drum under disbursement chute at the plant to receive product into the mixer truck drum
- Fills truck water tank with water while mixer drum is being filled
- Operates conveyor unit on those trucks with attached conveyors. Will use hand-held control box to operate and hydraulically move the conveyor belt
- Keeps accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing
- Performs pre and post-trip truck and trailer inspections
- Informs Service Technician of any maintenance or repairs needed
- May perform minor maintenance tasks to trucks or equipment as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Demonstrate good performance, safety and attendance
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Dispatcher, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees
- Demonstrate the ability to conform to and maintain MSHA, OSHA, DOT and all other company or governmental state rules and regulations
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate controls
- Must have a valid driver’s license – Class B CDL required
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam, pre-employment controlled substance testing and criminal background check before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Experience with ready-mixed operations a plus
- Ready-mixed experience preferred but will train the right people
- High school graduate or equivalent
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Clemente Latham Concrete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.