Admissions Nurse - Hospice at Vitas Healthcare
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Blue Bell, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Admissions Nurse is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team Member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the territory plan.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
Schedule as shown below:
9a-9p Fri, Sat, Sun
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where the VITAS program is located
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in acute or sub-acute care
- Previous sales experience preferred
- RN license
Special Instructions to Candidates