Regional Security Manager - Texas/Latin America Region at Matador Security Company, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Friendswood, Texas
See how we're embracing the challenges of tomorrow!
This position supports all Koch Industries Inc. (KII) affiliates in the Texas – Latin America Region; support to other regions will be provided as required. This position is located in Houston, Texas (consideration will be given to other major cities in Texas).
The Regional Security Manager’s role is to enable and equip leaders, business partners and employees to drive performance and improvements in security risk management. This will be accomplished by identifying, assessing, and mitigating security risks aligned with the KII risk optimization philosophy, building strategic partnerships throughout the organization to become a trusted resource, and proactively sharing knowledge and subject matter expertise across all KII affiliates.
A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to identify, extract, and analyze a large volume of information, communicate accurate, detailed and timely recommendations on security risks to the business.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and stressful situations with minimal supervision in a professional manner.
- Initiative and drive required to work autonomously while effectively communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex regulatory requirements and assist facilities with compliance.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide investigative expertise and support for internal and external investigations including conducting detailed root cause analysis.
- Conduct Security Risk Assessments and make risk management recommendations aligned with the KII risk optimization philosophy.
- Consult on workplace violence issues; conduct threat assessments and collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement threat management plans. Proactively provide workplace violence prevention knowledge and training to KII affiliates.
- Assist facilities to effectively implement the KII Security Compliance Standard.
- Provide support and subject matter expertise to facilities regulated by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS), the Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA), and other security regulations. Assist with the completion of Security Vulnerability Assessments, the development of Facility Security Plans, and conduct audits as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current security technology and systems; leverage knowledge to efficiently and effectively protect people, property and information.
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years’ security experience in a business or corporate environment
- Experience in security operations in Latin America
- Fluent in English and Spanish (verbal and written skills)
- Associate degree
- Ability to travel at least 60% of the time
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, nights, or weekends
- Not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Knowledge of duty-of-care best practices in support of travelers to high risk countries
- Strong corporate investigations management experience
- Experience in recommending and implementing security technology, including CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, and monitoring systems
- Experience conducting risk assessments and making risk management recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance requirements (MTSA, CFATS, C-TPAT, ITAR)
- Relevant professional certification
- Bachelor’s degree
Learn more about us
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf