Inpatient Hospice, RN at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Bowling Green, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Registered Nurse in Inpatient Hospice Unit is to be responsible for coordination of the Hospice patients' activities and continuous care through a plan of care in the inpatient setting.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
· Graduate of approved school of nursing and possess current R.N. licensure in the state of Ohio
· Minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience
· Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
· Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
· Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
· This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be