Deep Brain Stimulation Field Clinical Engineer - Northeast US Job at Boston Scientific Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
Additional Locations: (n/a); US-IA-Central/Des Moines; US-IN-Indianapolis; US-OH-Cleveland; US-PA-Pittsburgh
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
Promotes commercially approved company products through education of current and potential customers, implant and patient clinic coverage within a defined area by providing clinical education, sales strategy and support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenue within assigned product segments. May also support day-to-day field execution and management of Boston Scientific clinical trials at selected clinical trial centers in accordance with all applicable SOPs.
* Serves as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of surgical coverage, basic troubleshooting, programming, and patient follow-up for company products
* Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest product, therapy, and technology developments and current items of interest in the industry.
* Attends unit implants and performs patient follow-up to assure customer and patient success with the implanted products.
* Provides complex or advanced DBS device programming to provide improved therapy to patients.
* Provides assistance with new device validations within a cadaver lab environment.
* Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) and identifies key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
* Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
* Follows company and divisional guidelines for managing commercial inventory and, if applicable, investigational product inventory.
* On call duties may be necessary to support coverage.
* Training on and maintaining knowledge of DBS products, neuroanatomy and physiology, standard operating procedures, and compliance toward the regulations or world-wide regulatory bodies.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
* Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
* Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
* Not applicable.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
An expert with broad experience and unique knowledge within a specialized field. May require prolonged period of specialized intellectual instruction and attainment of advanced degree. Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts. Uses comprehensive knowledge of multiple disciplines to develop new concepts, techniques, and standards. Functions as a resource across departments. Recognized as an expert in the field and provides expertise/advice that will further company-wide projects and initiatives.
Develops strategic solutions to unique, significant and extremely complex business issues which are highly innovative and ingenious. Analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Solutions require an in-depth and thorough knowledge of a specialized field and the ability to apply that knowledge in new and innovative ways. Has expert knowledge of the impact of various solutions on the business.
Planning and Organization
Defines projects and work tasks based on identified strategy and goals. Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity, including project resource requirements, budgets, schedules and milestones.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Plans and recommends programs to accomplish long-range objectives. Acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of multiple programs. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Champions a product, process, or technology that has major implications for the company. Leads major research programs to accomplish long-range objectives. Acts as an advisor to senior management on specialized projects. Leads project teams that have a significant impact on the company using high-level cross-functional resources. Conducts studies of alternatives and analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies. Defines, approves, promotes and enforces standards in technology or processes. Has demonstrated leadership qualities.
Responsible for decisions that may have significant impact to the company. Develops advanced ideas and guides their development into a final product, program, or process. Determines emerging trends and provides information across functional boundaries in areas of expertise. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the organization.
Serves as a consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, programs, or objectives. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse high tension situations, particularly with senior level internal and external contacts, which could result in serious impact on the financial, employee relations or public relations posture of the company.
Mentors employees by sharing expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please contact your local EH&S department for more information on physical requirements.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race, Color, Religion,