Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lenoir City, Tennessee
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position will work in harmony with all facets of the Hubbell Lenoir City manufacturing facility and will work with the best interest of the Hubbell organization in mind. He/she will maintain all pertinent records for the Materials Department under their individual control or at the direction of the Plant Manager. This position will create all applicable Purchase Orders for any facility, from an approved requisition supplied to them.
He/she is expected to purchase all items at the best possible price while taking into consideration the additional criteria;
* Dependability of the specific vendor
This position will be required to maintain inventory and inventory records for all Stock purchased parts deemed necessary by the Plant Manager. He/she will work with the Plant Supervision to ensure weekly inventories are completed in a timely fashion to ensure their ability to replenish the floor stock inventory in a timely fashion. He/she will maintain and practice the highest possible standard of business ethics. At all times will ensure that all applicable laws are observed.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work closely with the Plant Manager to ensure the efficiency within the Hubbell Lenoir City manufacturing facility.
* Will possess the ability to locate suppliers, contractors or new vendors via the internet or through other sources available to them.
* He/she will be responsible for maintaining an adequate/minimal floor stock inventory for the items listed below to ensure the facility can run in an efficient manner:
* Pallets, Hardware, Supplies, Any other repetitive ordered purchased parts deemed applicable by their immediate manager.
* Upon the completion of generating and printing all Purchase Order's he/she will forward all applicable purchase orders for appropriate approvals.
* Ensure the prices are the most competitive for the products we purchase.
* Maintain dual sources for all products that this philosophy would be applicable for.
* He/she will complete any analysis deemed appropriate by the Production Control Manager.
* Will ensure that all purchases have the correct supporting data such a requisition and will have all of the appropriate signatures prior to purchasing any material.
Skills and Experience
* Degree preferred (Associates).
* Minimum of 2 years within a manufacturing purchasing environment.
* Ability to analyze trends, information and make recommendations with regard to the summation of information.
* Computer literate in depth knowledge Word and Excel.
* Ability to locate specific products and appropriate vendors via the internet.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.