Surface Tech ( all shifts) at National Vision, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SAUK RAPIDS, Minnesota
Position Description :
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a Surface Tech ( 1st and 2nd shifts available) to join our growing team
General Summary: Experienced Surface associate who is responsible for performing all of the various tasks within the Surface department. Capable of meeting expectations at all stations within the department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Backside Coating - Make sure lens is clean, spray lens with alcohol, wipes it and loads it into machines.
- Blocking - Inspects lens, chooses right color block, lines up lens on grid, and puts lens in correct tray.
- Generating - Scans trays, loads correct (R or L) lens into a chuck, presses start, then puts lens in correct tray.
- Lens Washing - Takes lens off block, rinses lens, washes and dries lens to remove debris from lens.
- Polishing - Loads lenses into chuck, press start, machine will polish lens for clarity.
- Tool pulling - Pulls tools off a rack and puts them into a tray.
- Fining - Places tools on machine, puts in corresponding fining pad, places lens on machine and sands the lens.
- Taping - Places lens in machine, machine tapes lenses and then takes lens out.
- Beveling - Bevels lenses to remove sharp edges.
- Block prep - Peels wax off block, sort blocks in baskets, dry wax, clean and air dry blocks.
- Pad Peeling - Peels pads off after fining, puts on polish pads, helps take jobs off polishers, and helps with tools.
- Deblocking - Separates the free-bond or alloy base holding device from each lens.
Position Requirements :
- No specific education level required.
- At least 6 months of direct or related experience required.
- Sustained light (20lbs or less) physical effort required
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting 0-10 lbs.
- Frequent bending and twisting of the neck and occasional bending at the waist.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, which includes grasping and fine manipulation.
- Gloves must be worn during work periods.
- Protective eyewear must be worn in all manufacturing and stockroom areas
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.