Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
Join our team as a Senior Business Analyst I to plan and lead projects that define, develop, and deliver the next generation of Smart Building Products to help our customers manage their energy usage, security, and building operation costs. Collect direct customer feedback, define and manage project schedule, scope, risk, cost and product rollout / release activities.
Demonstrated efficient utilization of resources and skills through effective planning and leadership in a matrix organization. Experienced in Project Management integrating multiple systems using industry-wide standards in both software and hardware. Seeking solid experience managing complex projects and programs working with diverse, multi-disciplined project teams.
How you will do it
Project Management Specific Responsibilities:
• Form high-performing, self-directed technical teams that take high-level product concepts and drive them through the evaluation and exploration of potential solutions.
• Manage high-powered technical resources such as software architects, systems engineers and project technical leads to converge on a direction.
• Apply formal software and hardware engineering and Project Management processes and best practices to ensure high-quality product delivery.
• Develop and follow a Project Management Plan; set team project goals, plan project deliverables, establish project schedules and milestones; manage all aspects of project schedule including risk with critical focus on quality.
• Manage geographically dispersed teams across multiple physical locations and time zones.
• Report and review the progress of project(s) with the stakeholders; formalize communication plan to ensure timely, accurate information and updates are provided to appropriate stakeholders.
• Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning maintaining a keen focus on project-level needs while working within the framework of larger, multi-project and program business objectives.
Business Analyst Specific Responsibilities:
• Works across product lines to develop an integrated product roadmap and solution strategies
• Works with engineering team to determine estimates, focusing on delivering business value priority
• Works directly with the customer or field to gather VOC and provides competitive solution analysis to drive roadmap strategy
• Demonstrates ability to convince, inspire, motivate, and encourage others to move towards solution or product vision or goal.
• Maintains long-term relationships with customers, partners, and stakeholders.
• Closely collaborates with engineering to ensure requirements are met within the cost and schedule targets.
• Develops product content for sales support, sales training and customer collateral, including web presence, product demos, events, media, etc.
• Builds relationships with lead users and industry analysts.
• Acts as the customer advocate and protect delivery to business value in all solution decisions and prioritization; be the expert on competitive product function and user workflow.
• Passionate about creating value for customers.
Combined Project Management and Business Analyst Responsibilities:
• Thrive in the front-end phase with ambiguous definitions, fast direction changes, while managing technical risk and uncertainty.
• Work with Stakeholders from Product Management, Strategic Planning, and executive management to obtain knowledge in regard to key strategies and requirements while maintaining focus on deliverables.
• Work closely with Product Management, Program Management and Engineering Management organizations to balance scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources and risk.
• Execute multiple complex projects from concept through requirements, design, development, testing and deployment.
• Collaborate with other Project Managers, Program Managers, and Engineering Managers to coordinate efforts and define and leverage best practices.
• Update job knowledge by participating in job site visits, alpha and beta testing, educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations and training.
• Enhance team excellence and raise the Project Management and Business Analyst bar by accepting ownership for accomplishing new, challenging and diverse requests, and by continually exploring opportunities to increase the value of job accomplishments.
What we look for
• Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent technical field. MS or MBA preferred.
• 5 years direct experience as a Project Manager. PMP certification a plus.
• Managed teams of 7 or more engineers through the full Software/Hardware Development Lifecycle.
• At least 5 years experience using the full Software/Hardware Development Lifecycle to develop highly technical, software-based/embedded systems-based products and solutions in an engineering organization.
• Experience organizing and leading teams through the concept definition phase.
• Experience with various development methodologies including waterfall, iterative and agile methods. Familiar with CMMI; familiar with CMMI in conjunction with agile methodologies.
• 5 plus years BAS, HVAC, Energy Management or related experience required
• 5 plus years Metasys software and Tools and hardware experience required
• 3 plus years as a business analyst desired
• Excellent analytical, logical and project management skills. High level of personal credibility at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in changing communication style based on audience (technical, non-technical, executive through individual contributor.)
• Ability to clearly convey concepts / solutions to the business in appropriate terms.
• Ability to manage multiple, potentially changing priorities and effectively coordinate activities across teams.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated experience leading and influencing individuals and teams without formal organizational control.
• Strong consensus building, conflict resolution, and persuasive skills.
• Ability to demonstrate objectivity in decision making to ensure the right decisions are made in a timely manner.
• Experience in exercising mature judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Experience utilizing multiple problem-solving techniques; ability to devise new problem-solving approaches as issues arise.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.