Sr. Advanced Process Engineering Manager-Mixing at Cooper Standard Automotive Inc.
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Senior Manager of Mixing CoC will be responsible for leading and directing the North American Mixing Center of Competence (COC) organization. This advanced manufacturing engineering position is responsible for driving the organization to World Class Mixing Operations through the development and execution of key business objectives.
- Establishes Best Business Practice (BBP) Standards for Equipment, Tooling and Process and leads the deployment within our North American mixing facilities. Confirms feasibility/capability of proposed product/process improvements using statistical methods
- Ensures that new/current processes are in compliance with Best Business Practice (BBP) Standards for Equipment, Tooling and Process
- Works closely with Cooper Standard’s manufacturing facilities and Operation Leadership to reduce cost, improve quality and achieve advancements in both process and product technology.
- Ensures optimization of Capital Utilization and capacity planning.
- Supports new business and product/process changes to existing production programs.
- Represents the needs of Cooper Standard with outside machinery suppliers, machine shops, plant engineering and maintenance
- Keeps current on developments related to manufacturing and product technology through meetings with suppliers, customers, trade publications, etc.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description
Education and Qualifications:
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Must have at least 5 years prior experience with rubber mixing processes
- Five plus years of prior management experience
- Influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes; demonstrates organizational savvy
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Must have strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Willingness and ability to travel, as necessary. Travel will be 50-60%.
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Professional Office Environment
- Must wear proper personal protection equipment while on the manufacturing floor
- Travel to manufacturing facilities or customer locations when required.
- Equipment used requires proper training on the potential for and avoidance of injury
Primary Location:Auburn Hills - South