Loader Operator (Tiltonsville) at The Shelly Company
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tiltonsville, Ohio
Job ID: 141315
The Shelly Company (part of Oldcastle Inc.) is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
To assist the Foreperson with daily production duties by operating heavy equipment and performing other miscellaneous plant related functions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy equipment, depending on the job site, accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Clean up around plant and surrounding area.
- Lubricate and perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to do routine paperwork.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 105 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an employee to lift:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and may require protective equipment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
If you are looking for a company who values their employees and has opportunities for employee development and advancement, apply now. For more information about The Shelly Company and Oldcastle visit www.shellyco.com and www.oldcastle.com. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with The Shelly Company/Oldcastle Materials!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
The Shelly Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.