Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Caldwell, Texas
Job ID: 141314
Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! Apply for the Loader Operator position today and jump start your career with the Oldcastle Materials family.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Grade the quality of incoming materials and feeding the batch plants raw amterials.
· Controlling the placement of incoming materials.
· Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
· When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
· Maintaining material stockpiles.
· Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
· Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
· Perform general operator duties when necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· Previous related experience in the construction field required.
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.