Product Offering and Application Analyst, Technology Strategy at State Street
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: North Quincy, Massachusetts
Product Offering and Application Analyst, Technology Strategy, AVP
Although not a household name, State Street is one of the world’s largest and most important financial services institutions, providing round-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day, and are the world’s third largest investment manager with over $2.8 trillion in assets under management. To do this we manage as much data as one of the internet giants on nearly as large a technical footprint.
The Product Offering and Application Analyst is a strategic role, contributing in a meaningful way to the future of State Street technology offering. Collaborating with the Product Offering Lead, development managers, finance and others in Global Technology Services (GTS), the Analyst will help drive a critical program for GTS, application rationalization.
Define and align technology strategy
- Develop business cases that drive the digital experience strategy, support new direction or, justify investment in new technology as a means of rationalizing our application footprint.
- Contribute to the offering strategy, user experience, design and development for cross-organizational strategic digital initiatives.
- Deep dive into an application to determine its fit with our future strategy and opportunity for rationalization
- Conduct comparative analysis of applications, e.g. feature / function, quality of service, cost, technical stack to facilitate decision making by the Office of Architecture and executive management
Develop and work a plan
- Plan, structure, and execute diverse projects with engagement and cross-functional teams.
- Identify and structure appropriate working groups to execute on our rationalization plans.
- Align and collaborate with product demand management, governance, risk and compliance, and marketing initiatives.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure execution on timelines and in alignment with strategy
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in an applicable field
- 4+ years experience in a technology strategy role, project management or business analysis
- Experience developing strategy and implementing next generation technology
- Demonstrated prior experience performing application related analysis in financial services
- Experience developing roadmaps, including costs, timelines, and dependencies, to articulate enterprise vision and strategy
- Experience developing business cases
- Ability to strategize on the development of enterprise driven, value enhancing digital strategies to drive increased business effectiveness, improve technology utilization, and enhance positioning to address business and user needs
- Capable of identifying impediments across work streams and work collaboratively with other functional areas to resolve
- High ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on leader to drive quality and maintain application stability
- Must be a skilled communicator up, across, down and outside of the organization as needed
- Experience with prototype development, design thinking, and /or structured problem solving are differentiators
- Develop a network across the organization in order to understand business needs and socialize our offerings
Digital Experience Product Offering Management Vision
- Deliver a compelling, best in class digital experience globally across strategic applications for internal and external users.
- Inclusive of users that enter our ecosystem and those who do not, preferring to consume data and experiences via API’s and data delivery.
- All strategic applications provide a consistent UX, inclusive of visual identity and design patterns
- Data from client interview and digital activity acts as the basis for our strategy and investments
- Deliver similar capabilities across business lines, regions and user types via reusable components
About the Global Product Offering Management Organization
Global Offering Management provides leadership in the definition, alignment, and execution of a technology strategy in collaboration with the internal business, industry and non-industry partners, and clients to support integrated solutions and the end-state technology architecture and strategy. The mission will be achieved through investment optimization and rationalization in support of the strategy that differentiates our offering from competitors through delivery of a best in class end-to-end experience measured by high adoption rates and healthy returns on our investments