Radiologic Technologist - Physician's Plus (BVHS) at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist is to provide diagnostic radiographs efficiently and completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomical and physiologic disorders under the direction and supervision of the Office Manager while maintaining professional ethics.
Duty 1: Selects proper technical factors and protocols pertaining to the Diagnostic Department.
Duty 2: Demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
Duty 3: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
Duty 4: Explains procedure to the patient and/or significant other ensuring understanding comfort, privacy, and safety of the patient.
Duty 5: Collaborates with other departments, radiologists, physician offices, and medical facilities to ensure imaging productivity, referral pattern, and customer satisfaction.
Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the urgent/care patient.
Duty 7: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 8: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in performance to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 9: Assists and performs other duties as assigned by management and/or the physician.
Duty10: Demonstrates knowledge of department and management line of authority and follows proper line of communication.
Duty 11: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Licensed by the state of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist (ODH)
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- 1-2 years related work experience preferred
- EMG, phlebotomy experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. This position requires continuous walking and standing for extensive periods of time. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more to assist with direct patient care. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity to operate equipment, push and pull patients while providing treatment, and reach above their shoulders. Associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens, HIV, HBV etc.