Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tinton Falls, New Jersey
MHR NAVESINK PEDIATRICS
HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES INC
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
On Call Work
On-Call As Needed
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The LPN provides nursing care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice supervisor. Serves as a liaison between the patients and the provider.
A day in the life of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at Hackensack Meridian Health includes
* The primary role of the LPN is to provide nursing care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice.
* We take pride in providing excellent customer service. To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the telephone.
* The LPN monitors the flow in the waiting and exam areas to minimize delays.
* Proactively reviews chart (either paper or EMR) in advance of patient intake
* Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner
* Proactively initiates phone calls to ensure patients are provided with all necessary information.
* Informs patients of test results according to guidelines of the practice and care or follow up instructions. All information relayed to patients is clearly and accurately documented in the patient s chart, signed and dated.
* Responds to calls as per office protocol and HIPAA guidelines.
* Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice protocol, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider.
* Consistently complies with CLIA, OSHA, and other state/government regulatory standards/ requirements and agencies. Ensures that medical waste and syringes and needles are handled, and disposed of properly.
* Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; draws blood and obtains urine specimens; administers injections as approved; provides patient instructions per physician s order; conducts authorized in-office test
* Assists the physician with coordinating patient care in the office, hospital, to referring physicians, and ancillary facilities.
* Team Work in a practice is critical to our success. As such, all team members must display cooperative interactions with others and accepts responsibility for what needs to get done. Team members perform a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy and in a positive manner.
* Graduate of accredited LPN Program
* NJ LPN License Required
* CPR Certification
* Experience in a medical office strongly preferred
* Pediatric experience desired
* *Must be able to work Saturday mornings
* Could be needed 1 day a week 12PM-8PM
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.